IRA to Gift Annuity Rollover
You may be looking for a way to help further the mission of your preferred Episcopal charity or parish, and enhance your income. If you are 70½ or older, you can make a one-time IRA rollover to fund a charitable gift annuity and receive fixed payments for life.
Benefits of an IRA to gift annuity rollover
- Reduce your taxes by transferring Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD) to fund for one or more Gift Annuities, up to a maximum of $50,000 in total from your IRA in a single tax year once during your lifetime
- Receive lifetime fixed payments for you and, if you choose, for your spouse
- Potentially reduce your required minimum distribution (RMD) in the year you choose
- Help further the work and mission of your preferred Episcopal charity or parish
How an IRA rollover to gift annuity works
- Contact us about creating an IRA rollover to gift annuity with the Episcopal Church Foundation to benefit your preferred Episcopal charity or parish.
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) in a single tax year of up to a total of $50,000 once in your lifetime from your IRA to the Episcopal Church Foundation.
- We will use your IRA gift to fund your gift annuity payments.
- Please note that IRA gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- After you receive payments for life, there will be a future gift to your preferred Episcopal charity or parish.
If you have any questions about an IRA rollover to a gift annuity, please contact ECF by email at [email protected] or by phone at 800-697-2858, or click here to review ECF's CGA booklet. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.